This is a cool site that we recently came across. It provides a “walkability” score for your particular address. To determine the score, the WalkScore.com calculates the walkability of an address based on the distance from your house to nearby amenities. Essentially WalkScore.com measures how easy it is to live a car-lite lifestyle–not how pretty the area is for walking.
What does my score mean?
Your Walk Score is a number between 0 and 100. Here are general guidelines for interpreting your score:
- 90–100 = Walkers’ Paradise: Most errands can be accomplished on foot and many people get by without owning a car.
- 70–89 = Very Walkable: It’s possible to get by without owning a car.
- 50–69 = Somewhat Walkable: Some stores and amenities are within walking distance, but many everyday trips still require a bike, public transportation, or car.
- 25–49 = Car-Dependent: Only a few destinations are within easy walking range. For most errands, driving or public transportation is a must.
- 0–24 = Car-Dependent (Driving Only): Virtually no neighborhood destinations within walking range. You can walk from your house to your car!
Want to find your score? Click here! Enjoy!