Oscar party table setting Courtesy Of: www.camillastyles.com
Why not have a little fun with your awards party décor? Arrange gold star confetti on the tables and put out other glitzy accessories to help set the mood. Spruce up with elegant flower centerpieces in red or white. Red roses or white tulips are a nice touch. Dress up your tables with crisp white linens with black napkins for a black-tie effect. Find some red fabric and lay it out in your doorway so guests can “walk the red carpet.” You can also employ a younger family member to act as paparazzi and ask them to snap photos of your guests as they arrive.
Better Homes & Gardens recommends setting up separate stations for drinks and hors d’oeuvres and to use real silverware and barware. Make sure to offer non-alcoholic as well as alcoholic beverages. Put out cocktail napkins and various drink garnishes such as lemons, limes, olives, tiny pickled onions and maraschino cherries. Here are some award-worthy drink recipes:
- The Cosmopolitan:
- 1½ oz vodka
- 1½ oz Grand Marnier
- ½oz fresh lime juice
- 1 to 2 oz cranberry juice
- Garnish with lemon twist and cherry
- The Gin Martini:
- 2 oz gin
- 2 to 3 oz dry vermouth
- Garnish with lemon twist or green martini olive
- The Sidecar:
- 1½ oz cognac (or brandy)
- ¾ oz orange liqueur
- ¾ oz fresh lemon juice
- Super fine sugar around the rim of the glass
- Garnish with lemon twist and lemon wedge
The Huffington Post offers numerous other classy cocktail recipes.
You don’t need to serve your guests a three-course gourmet meal to impress them—simply give them a taste of the good life by serving upscale appetizers. To keep costs under control, you can take everyday pantry items and turn them into gourmet appetizers in an instant. Here are a couple of ideas for delicious appetizers:
- Outstanding Original Olives:
- Mix 2 oz of cream cheese, 3 oz of Gorgonzola, thyme and black pepper and stuff green olives with mixture.
- Slice a French baguette into thick slices and toast.
- In a separate bowl combine diced tomatoes, olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic and basil
- Spoon the mixture on top of the bread and drizzle balsamic vinaigrette on top
- Caprese Salad Kabobs
- On a wooden skewer alternately thread cherry tomatoes, mozzarella mini cheese balls and basil leaves.
- In a separate bowl whisk together 2 tablespoons olive oil and 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar. Drizzle over kabobs before serving.
Gourmet cheeses and a charcuterie plate, garnished with fresh grapes, also give your guests something easy to nibble on while they watch the show. The Nest offers several other bite-sized appetizer recipes.