Today, Coldwell Banker Real Estate launched its first “Life, Camera, Action” YouTube Contest, which highlights the “value of a home” through the eyes of children and/or their pets. Running through Sept. 22, the contest will require participants to submit a user-generated video that features a 2- to 3-minute tour of a home for the chance to win a $25,000 grand prize.
“Having been the first in the industry to fully tap into the power of video for real estate, we understand the influence it can have in storytelling and capturing the essence of home,” said Sean Blankenship, senior vice president of marketing for Coldwell Banker Real Estate LLC. “Too often homeownership is viewed through the grown up lens focused largely on the financial and investment aspects of our homes. We thought it would be fun and heartwarming to go beyond that, look past housing headlines and gain a unique perspective of what home really means.”
The Life, Camera, Action YouTube Contest will also be promoted via Coldwell Banker® On LocationSM, which was developed in 2009 through a close collaboration with YouTubeTM and Google, and now has more than 50,000 agent and listings videos.
- • Submit an original, user-generated video between 2-3 minutes in length of your child and/or pet giving the viewer a tour of their favorite part(s) of their home
- • Voting is open to the public via Coldwell Banker® On LocationSM
- • Video submissions can start earning votes once submitted
- • Users can vote once a day on any one video
- • The top 10 videos with the most votes on Sept. 22 will be declared the finalists
- • The grand prize winner will be chosen by Coldwell Banker Real Estate
To submit an entry or vote for your favorite “Life, Camera, Action” video, please visit the Coldwell Banker® YouTube channel at youtube.com/coldwellbanker.
Here’s a video explaining the details: