With Easter just around the corner, you’re probably searching for ways to update your entertaining routine. Well look no further, we gathered creative spins on traditional favorites featuring the most popular Easter item, the egg. Here are five modern ways to deliver a standout spring gathering, just like an egg-spert party planner.
1. Glam Easter Eggs
From metallic to bold patterns, the egg-stra fancy Easter egg has definitely arrived. Get the glam look by dying eggs your favorite shade and topping them off with glitter or gold confetti to add a little sparkle like StudioDIY and The Inspired Girl.
2. Bacon Jalapeno Deviled Eggs
Add a kick to this spring side dish by adding bacon and jalapeno to make an egg-straordinary deviled egg. Try this recipe from realhousemoms.com.
- 12 large eggs, hard boiled and peeled
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1½ tsp rice vinegar
- ¾ tsp ground mustard
- ½ tsp sugar
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and chopped
- 6 pieces bacon, cooked, crisp, and crumbled
- Slice the hard boiled eggs in half, lengthwise
- Remove the yolks and put them in a mixing bowl
- Mash the egg yolks with a fork
- Add the mayonnaise, rice vinegar, ground mustard, and sugar to the mashed egg yolks and stir until well combined
- Mix in the jalapenos and bacon
- Put the mixture in a ziploc bag and cut a small hole in the corner of the bag
- Fill each egg hole with the mixture
- Sprinkle with paprika
Chill until ready to serve
Recipe courtesy of realhousmoms.com
3. Eggs in a Nest
You’ll be sure to turn some beaks with this an egg-ceptional bird nest cake. This sweet treat from Vanilla Bean Baker is a modern take on conventional carrot cake, swapping traditional cream cheese frosting for milk chocolate buttercream. Don’t forget to top it off with your favorite candy Easter eggs to complete the chic nest look. Click here for the full recipe.
4. Egg Vase
Add an egg-stacular spring centerpiece to your décor by showcasing colored eggs in a floral arrangement or hurricane like Better Homes & Gardens.
5. Egg Cocktail
Egg-lectrify your taste buds with the critic tones of this marvelous egg infused cocktail. Easy to make with just a hint of bubbles, the Royal Gin Fizz from Mixed Cocktails is the perfect light cocktail to sip on during Easter Brunch.
- 1 ½ Parts Bombay Sapphire Gin
- 1 Egg
- ¼ Part Sugar Syrup
- Juice of half a lemon
- Soda Water
Get your hands on…
- A shaker
- Some cubed ice
- A strainer
Follow these steps…
- You can either buy pre-mixed sugar syrup or if you want to make your own
- Put all of the ingredients into a shaker with out ice. Shake hard do help the egg white foam
- Put ice into the shaker
- Then shake hard for about 20 seconds to chill the liquid really well
- Strain the mix into a glass filled with ice
- Top up your glass with soda water
Tell us how you will incorporate eggs into your Easter entertaining.